5 days €1000 July 1-5 (sold-out) Currently Taking Private Bookings
Have you ever wondered why your ‘tortilla de patata’ is never as good as in Spain or how to make a really good ‘paella’? Do you have a glut of tomatoes and no idea what to do with them? Are you curious and excited about good, homemade food? Do you love to eat but also love to walk it off in beautiful mountain scenery? If so, then this is the tour for you.
We will spend five days at our home base, Fuentes de Lucía, in Asturias learning, hands-on, the secrets of healthy but traditional Spanish cuisine. Our local chef will share with you his family recipes, tricks of the trade and how to prepare his homeland’s food, con cariño. We’ll visit the local market in Oviedo and learn all about the plethora of products made from the pig in Spain and have a ‘jamon serrano’ tasting. You will leave us bursting with creativity with fresh ideas to take home to your own kitchen.
Each day we will also take to the trails in our spectacular mountain valley accompanied by friendly and knowledgeable guides. Our days will be filled with a soulful blend of scenic hiking, historical insights, traditional experiences and wonderful food. Returning to our home away from home, we will settle back in each evening with a cooking class and of course, a sumptuous dinner served with local wines. A perfect trip for foodies and hikers alike!
- All transportation during the retreat
- 4 nights of hotel accommodations with en-suite bathrooms (limited single rooms available)
- Visit to a local butcher with ‘jamon iberico’ tasting
- Guided walks in the surrounding mountains and river valleys with a bi-lingual guide
- Healthy breakfasts
- Delicious dinners with wine
- Hands-on cooking classes with Chef Juan Carlos
- July 1-5 (sold out)
- BOOK YOUR OWN PRIVATE COOKING WORKSHOP
PRIVATE tailor-made trips are available upon request. Please ask us for details.