Pilgrimage along the northern coast of Spain.
8 days €2700 2020: September 15-22 (sold out)
Surround yourself in beauty on this breathtaking Camino de Santiago route that follows the sea. Spanish Steps is excited to be offering this route once again. For over 1000 years, pilgrims coming from the north of Europe didn’t always make the journey to Santiago by foot, many came by boat to the fishing villages and small cities that were springing up along the Cantabrian coast. On this 8-day pilgrimage, we’ll be covering nearly 120- kilometers on foot, meandering along country roads, farming tracks, and beautiful coastal footpaths. We’ll visit medieval villages, prehistoric caves (replica) and coastal towns where the contrasts are breathtaking.Meet us in Bilbao, and head west to the coastal town of Laredo and onward to the medieval town of Santillana del Mar a magical place where time has stood still. We’ll follow the famed scallop shell and yellow arrow passing through delightful seaside towns such as Comillas, San Vicente de la Barquera, Llanes, and Ribadasella, until we reach the town of Ribadeo in Galicia where we head away from the ocean and travel inland to the Roman city of Lugo, a lively hub of history, academia and gastronomy. We end our Norte pilgrimage here in Lugo but you will be able to continue with us by joining our Camino Way 100 starting the following day. Ask us about our discount for signing up for both trips.
- Transportation throughout the trip from Bilbao to Lugo in Galicia
- 7 nights of hotels with private bathrooms
- Bi-lingual guide
- Daily maps and historical info
- Full van or bus support
- Pilgrims credential (passport)
- Healthy snacks throughout the day
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners with local wine
- Regular checkpoints along the trail
- June 13-20 (sold out)
- September 15-22 (sold out)
- Continue your journey to Santiago from Lugo June 21-28 and again on September 23-30 by following the Camino Way 100 with Spanish Steps.
- A discount is available when you book both tours, back to back with us.
- Ask us about a private tour.
PRIVATE tailor-made trips are available upon request. Please ask us for details.